Monday, April 29, 2013

Easy pork chops with black eye peas.

I am not really crazy about black eye peas. I eat them for New Years for luck. That use to be it. One day I decided to try some frozen ones from winn dixie. They were on sale for $1. I had 5 pork chops and my kids are meat eaters and I was try to figure out a way to stretch those pork chops. So I chopped up an onion started cooking it down in water and added the beans and then the pork chops all to one pot. I am sure someone has done this before but not I. I was just praying the family would like it. After cooking it down for a couple of hours. The pork chop broke up in the beans. It gave the beans this awesome flavor. It just went so well together. Now I do it this way often and tried different types of beans with it. This is how it looks all thrown into a pot. It's still cooking right now but will post a picture later.



No comments: