Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, March 21, 2011

Already Monday. Katie will be going to school today but it will be hard for me to get there this week. Which is not a good thing b/c we have a book fair this week and no parents ever show up to help even if its to walk their own kid around. I have 2 sick little girls and myself to worry about. I didn't even get a packet to go over with Katie what she would like to buy. This will be one of her gifts for making all A's on her report card. Yesterday since we were resting I was able to finish reading my book.

Lost recipe for Happiness. Very good book. A plus with all of the recipes inside. I haven't tried any of them yet but the churros might be one that I do try. Its about a woman named Elena who was in a car accident when she was younger the only one who survived. The ones that she had lost come and visit her through out the book. In a good way not haunting her. More of encouragement. Shes a chef and just been fired from her job b/c an article was written about her instead of the head chef. As she is walking out of the restaurant the owner Julian is pulling up. Takes her to breakfast to talk about her becoming the head chef of a restaurant that he just purchased. She agrees and moves to Aspen. It takes a while for the restaurant to open with all the details that have to be set. During this Elena and Julian fall in love but b/c of her past she is having trouble letting him into her heart. In the end one of the good chefs gets in a bad car accident and brings up past. She finally goes to the place where the accident happen to let it go. When she comes back she is then ready to let Julian in. The book ends with a recipe for Mexican wedding cookies which I would love to try. So the read is left to think that they did get married.

We didn't feel like cooking so hubby decided to just order pizza. I was not crazy for dominos before but like the commercial kept saying they have changed. It was super easy to order. I didn't even call them. I went online to their website dominos.com . I put in our zipcode and started our order. I built the pizza how I wanted which was extra pepperoni. The deal was 2 medium 2 topping pizza's for $5.99 each. I also got chicken wings 8 for $5.99. I was impressed with the taste of the pizza not so much with the wings. They pour a whole bottle of sauce on 8 wings way too much. After I placed the order they have a little tacker to tell you wants going on with your pizza. I thought was pretty neat. Next time you order try it through their website.

No comments: