Thursday, August 8, 2013

Homeschool k12 day 1

  Thinking what in the world did I get myself into. I spent the day running from one computer to the next. Watching videos that should have been giving to us before the first day. Sitting in on orientations, one in the am and the second one in the pm. Realizing that I should of read the books or at least looked at them before the first day of school. Then again how would I have known where to begin. I did find out that they are not graded the same way as in school. ABCDF. They get graded on a percentage scale of how they completed their work. The lesson isn't done until they got it. Which is good. They have to actually know it. That's what I wanted all along. Even though the curriculum is suppose to be up with the standards of Louisiana. I am a bit worried they will fall behind when they do enter a public school. It's new to all of us and we are trying to work things out. At least we did get through math on the first day.

No comments: