Monday, June 18, 2012

Sushi Journey


 

I have tried sushi many times before but always ordered the wrong things. I do not like the ones that taste like raw fish. Last night I was expressing this to my brother because he loves sushi. So we decided that is what we will have for dinner. Since it was Sunday a lot of places are closed. We decided to order from Sake Cafe in Harahan. My brother ordered the crawfish roll - it was good but pretty spicy and nothing raw in it. He also had the spicy tuna roll- too spicy for me but it was okay once you got pass the burning in your mouth and yes it is raw tuna but so small you can not taste it. I ordered the california roll- crab meat is in that one. I really enjoyed it. I also tried the big easy rolls because my mom thought that was the ones she ordered. When I opened it up there were 3 big pieces of raw fish. I soaked it in soy sauce to try and kill the raw fish taste but it didn't work. It could of been also that they were cut too big. So lesson learned no big easy rolls for me. I did wake up wanting sushi. Next time I will try the crunchy roll and maybe the rock and roll roll. Also ask them to cut it into more pieces so I can fit it in my mouth easier.

No comments: